Our 2019 conference was a truly transformative event with inspirational speakers from a various industries, four engaging field trips led by local organizations, our second Homecoming Hero Awards to recognizes local non-profit leaders, and our first ever Crab Tank Pitch Competition to support Baltimore start-up companies. Check out the details of our latest conference and learn more about the Baltimorean alumni that came home to celebrate with us through our 2019 program guide and event recap and summary book.
- Field Trip: Revitalizing East Baltimore, Humanim, Inc. & The Choice Program (UMBC)
- Field Trip: Baltimore’s Creative Neighborhood Economy, Made in Baltimore & Greenmount West Community Center
- A Homecoming Celebration at the new Broadway Market & The Choptank
- A special Q&A with creator and former host of Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe
- Good Morning Coffee with Duff Goldman, Angel McCoughtry, & Lance Reddick
Our inaugural Homecoming Conference was held October 3-5, 2018. The conference brought together accomplished Baltimore alumni and expats from around the U.S.—from the worlds of sports, entertainment, fashion, finance, industry, philanthropy, academia, and the arts—with our city’s most promising leaders and doers. The event showcased Baltimore’s vibrant arts and culinary scenes, expose guests to the city’s remarkable innovators and entrepreneurs, and encourage discussion about the city’s challenges – and the bright future we can build together. Re-live the memories and excitement of our 2018 conference through our program book.
- Breakfast & lunch by B-More Kitchen food entrepreneurs
- Panel discussion of Community Approaches to Violence Reduction
- Insider field trips to: Station North Arts Districts, Living Classrooms Target Investment Zone, Center for Urban Families & West Baltimore, Beta City VC Pitch Session and Johns Hopkins Technology Venture FastForward Labs.
- Special performance by Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women’s Lethal Ladies STEP team
Our co-chairs are made up of a notable group of luminaries who are helping us inspire Baltimoreans nationwide to to join us in building a brighter future for Baltimore. Take a look at some of our Co-chairs from previous years!
Chef and TV Personality
Mark & Patricia Joseph
Baltimore Philanthropists, The Shelter Foundation
WNBA All-Star for the Atlanta Dream
Senator Barbara Mikulski
Former U.S. Senator for Maryland
CEO, mikeroweWORKS Foundation
Managing Director, Summit Partners
CEO, Baltimore Gas & Electric
U.S. Representative and Ranking Member, House Oversight Committee
President, Johns Hopkins University
Noted author and former CEO, Robin Hood
CEO & Chairman, Under Armour, Inc.
Baltimore City Artist & MacArthur Genius Award Winner
Sponsors of Baltimore Homecoming
Thank you to the sponsors and partners for their invaluable support of Baltimore Homecoming.
Interest & inquiries regarding sponsorship can be directed to Deputy Director, Robbin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.