Baltimore Homecoming is a mobilizing a network of Baltimore’s most accomplished natives and alumni from around the U.S. and the world to invest in our city.
Our mission is to connect Baltimoreans from across the world with our city’s leaders and innovators to spark new collaborations and drive new investments in Baltimore’s future. We envision a world where Baltimore is recognized as a leading hub for social & private sector entrepreneurship and where local leaders work hand-in-hand with a global network of Baltimoreans to advance a more prosperous and just city.
Let’s AMPLIFY Baltimore & ACTIVATE our capital.
Baltimore has always been home to innovators, intellectuals, makers and doers.
Baltimore’s history is filled with great men and women who have shaped it into the city it is today. From Thurgood Marshall to Johns Hopkins, Harriet Tubman and Babe Ruth — the unwavering spirit of Baltimoreans reverberates through every neighborhood.
Our city is heir to their tradition of creativity, energy and optimism.
Since 2018 we’ve explored new possibilities and ideas to propel our vision forward through regional gatherings to inspire more sustainable connectivity. Reshaping how Baltimore alumni network with local changemakers actively brings people together to manifest a new tempo of progress.
A city in motion — inspiring our next phase
Baltimore Homecoming has worked to spark new connections with local innovators, explore the expanding city through daily impulse excursions, and manifest a new vision for the future. We strive to put a national spotlight on our inspiring Homecoming Heroes and Baltimore’s leading startup founders, while contributing to the diverse network of people, programs, investors, and ideas that make our city shine.
Want to join our team and grow your career? Apply today to be our Alumni Engagement Manager!
To be considered, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is integral to the whole operations of the organization and will have the opportunity to get involved in projects as desired. Primary responsibilities include:
● Establishing and cultivating relationships with Baltimore Homecoming’s existing network of alumni across the U.S.
● Maintaining communications with alumni through regular emails, phone calls, and visitations
● Growing alumni network through prospect research and facilitating outreach.
● Overseeing marketing strategy for the organization including management of social media outlets, monthly e-newsletter, website, and more.
● Manage event planning, logistics, and communications in tandem with the team.
● Drafting, proofing and preparing invitations, letters, communications and other related materials.
● Planning and executing several regional events in hub cities across the U.S. throughout the year.
● Managing alumni registration and guest lists for all events.
● Providing any other necessary support to directors on ad-hoc projects and events.Qualifications desired:
● Familiarity with the social landscape of Baltimore and commitment to Baltimore City
● Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact fluidly with high-profile individuals
● Experience in events coordination
● Experience in business development, client relations, or sales
● Experience in marketing and social media
● Skills in graphic design & writing
The approximate estimated salary range is $60,000- $75,000, commensurate with experience.
Work schedule: Full-time.